This super moist Vegan Pumpkin Banana Bread combines some delicious pumpkin fall flavours. It includes only a couple of simple ingredients and is very quick and easy to make. Topped with some 2-Ingredient Caramel Sauce this bread makes the perfect vegan breakfast or healthy treat or snack.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- It’s super moist like our 5- Ingredient Vegan Banana Bread but with some additional pumpkin spice flavours.
- It's a quick and easy recipe, perfect for fall season and only requires a couple of simple ingredients.
- It’s dairy-free, includes no eggs and no butter but instead some healthy fats.
Ingredients & Substitution Notes
- Mashed Bananas: I highly recommend using overly-ripe, spotted bananas. They are naturally sweeter than green bananas. The mashed bananas not only add flavour but also also act like an egg replacer (no flax egg required).
- Brown Sugar: Is used to further sweeten this bread. Alternatively you could used coconut sugar or cane sugar at a 1:1 ratio.
- Pumpkin Puree: I used our Homemade Pumpkin Puree for this recipe. It can easily be made on the stovetop or in an instant pot (it can be made without an oven). You could also use canned pumpkin puree instead. Make sure that your puree is thick and creamy and not on the runnier side.
- Olive Oil: I used olive oil because it’s a healthy oil that includes lots of high quality monounsaturated fats. You could replace it with other types of oils such as coconut oil, avocado oil or any other neutral vegetable oil of choice.
- Walnuts: Adds some crunchiness and additional healthy fats to this bread. Could be replaced with pecans or omitted to keep it nut-free.
- Icing (optional): I highly recommend our 2-Ingredient Vegan Caramel as glaze!
How to Make Vegan Pumpkin Banana Bread
Because of its simple ingredients this easy banana bread is really easy to prepare!
Step 1: Mash bananas + mix dry ingredients
Mash your bananas with a fork on a flat surface or in a soup bowl. Make sure to only use very ripe bananas. They help with the natural sweetness of this bread.
Then add all of your dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, salt) to a large mixing bowl and whisk well.
Step 2: Mix wet ingredients
To end up with the perfect consistency, I highly recommend measuring out the required amount of banana puree. Then add mashed bananas, olive oil and pumpkin puree to a separate mixing bowl and whisk until well combined.
Step 3: Mix wet & dry ingredients
Add wet ingredients to dry ones and gently stir until a thick batter forms. Don't overmix!
Step 4: Bake & let cool
Transfer the batter to a loaf tin (~20 x 10cm/ 8x4 inch) lined with parchment paper and bake in preheated oven for 45 – 55 minutes.
Let cool completely and drizzle with Vegan Caramel Sauce.
Serve plain with a big mug of Oat Milk Hot Chocolate or Pumpkin Spice Latte or with toppings of choice.
- Nuts: This bread already includes some walnuts. You could use pecans instead or any other nuts of choice.
- Seeds: Adding some pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds would make an amazing addition as well.
- Vanilla Extract: For some additional vanilla flavours feel free to add a bit of vanilla extract.
- Chocolate Chips: Always a good idea in combination with banana! So this Vegan Pumpkin Banana Bread with chocolate chips would taste amazing as well! To keep this bread vegan opt for vegan chocolate chips.
Spreads- What goes well with Vegan Pumpkin Banana Bread?
- 2 Ingredient Vegan Caramel Sauce
- Homemade Almond Butter (no added oil)
- Peanut butter
- Different jams
Keep the bread in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days.
It’s also freezer friendly. Slice it and freeze the individual slices or freeze it as a whole. Let thaw in the fridge or on the countertop overnight.
No, to achieve this super moist bread, oil is needed. You can used healthy olive oil though.
I haven’t tried it yet but you could try replacing the regular flour with gluten-free flour (ratio 1:1) . The bread’s texture might be different though!
Yes, either sliced or the whole load can be put in the freezer. Let thaw overnight at room temperature.
More Recipes To Try
If you tried this or any other recipe on the blog let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment/rating below! SIGN UP for the WSK newsletter and get the newest recipes delivered right to your inbox!
Vegan Pumpkin Banana Bread
- 1 ½ cups white all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup brown sugar *or use coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of salt
- ⅓ cup olive oil *see notes
- 1 cup pumpkin puree *canned or homemade pumpkin puree
- 1 cup mashed bananas (2-3 bananas) *see notes
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a loaf pan (20 x 10cm/ 8×4 inch) with parchment paper.
- Mash your bananas on a flat surface or a soup bowl using a fork. For best results, transfer mashed bananas to a measuring cup and measure the exact amount. You could use a kitchen scale instead.
- Add all dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, salt) to a large mixing bowl and sift together thoroughly.
- In a separate mixing bowl, include all the wet ingredients (olive oil, pumpkin puree, mashed bananas). Mix until well combined.
- Gently fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients just until combined and a thick batter forms (don’t overmix or you’ll end up with a very dense bread).
- Transfer the batter to the loaf pan and bake for 45- 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- If your bread is starting to look brown towards the end of baking time, cover with foil.
- Allow the loaf to cool in the pan for 5 min. Then transfer the bread to a cooling rack. Let cool completely (~1 hour).
- Generously drizzle with some 2-Ingredient Caramel Sauce before slicing and serving.
- Enjoy your slice of vegan pumpkin banana bread with some Homemade Almond Butter and a cup of Oat Milk Hot Chocolate.
- Mashed bananas: Use overly ripe bananas with lots of brown spots. They are naturally sweeter.
- Olive oil: I used olive oil because of it's nutritional benefits. If you don't like the taste of olive oil, you could replace it with other types of oils such as coconut oil, sunflower oil or any other neutral tasting vegetable oil of choice.
- How to store vegan pumpkin banana bread? Store in an airtight (glass) container in the fridge for 4-5 days.
- Freezer Friendly? Yes.
Leave a Reply