If you are a fan of (super) fudgy brownies- look no further! These Healthy(ish) Vegan Chocolate Hazelnut Brownies are gluten-free, oil-free and refined sugar-free. Similar to my (Vegan 1 Bowl Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies) are ready in less than 30 minutes!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- These brownies are fudgy on the inside and crunchy on the outside.
- It contains chocolate and nuts- a match made in heaven!
- It only requires one big bowl, minimum prep time and is ready in less than half an hour!
How to Make These Vegan Chocolate Hazelnut Brownies
You'll only need one bowl and an oven in order to make this recipe.
Start by adding all dry ingredients (ground roasted hazelnuts, baking powder, cacao) into a big bowl and whisk carefully to avoid any clumps.
Once they are combined, add all the wet ingredients (maple syrup, plant milk) as well as chocolate chips and again mix thoroughly.
Take half of the blanched roasted hazelnuts, add them to a food processor and pulse 2-3 times until slightly broken down (alternatively you could also use a knife, or leave them whole). Then add them to the dough and mix well.
Transfer mixture to a baking tray (mine was 25x27cm) lined with parchment paper.
Add some more blanched roasted hazelnuts on top (optional) and bake in the oven for about 25 min.
Ingredients & Substitution Notes
- Blanched Roasted Hazelnuts: In case you can’t find any blanched and roasted hazelnuts in a store near you, you might need to peel them yourself. Roast the nuts for about 10 minutes at 180°C. Afterwards, wrap them in a clean towel and by rubbing the nuts you will be able to remove their skins. I personally find this method a bit messy and it doesn’t always do the job perfectly well, meaning that you might end up with some of the skin not fully being removed. However, it’s still better than leaving the skin on since that might add a bitter taste.
- Roasted Ground Hazelnuts: For this recipe to work you’ll need store bought ground hazelnuts. I’ve once tried breaking down whole hazelnuts in my blender and then using them for the recipe, and it didn’t work out- at least not with the same amount of milk.
- Cacao Powder: I use non-sweetened cacao powder for this recipe.
- Chocolate Chips: In order to keep these brownies vegan I used vegan dark chocolate chips. However, you could use any chocolate chips of your choice.
- Plant Milk: I prefer using non-sweetened plant milks. For sweet recipes I prefer using oat milk because it’s naturally sweeter than other types of plant milks.
Similar Recipes You Might Like
Healthy(ish) Vegan Chocolate Hazelnut Brownies
- 4 cups (400g) ground, roasted hazelnuts
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup (220ml) maple syrup
- little less than ½ cup (90ml) plant milk
- ⅓ cup (60g) chocolate chips
- ¾ cup (100g) blanched roasted hazelnuts + more as a topping
- Preheat oven to 180°C degrees.
- Place all dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix well using a whisk to avoid clumps.
- Add in all the wet ingredients and stir until the dough is well combined.
- Add half of the hazelnuts into a food processor, pulse 2 or 3 times until broken down.
- Then fold in chocolate chips and hazelnuts.
- Transfer mixture to a baking tin (mine was 25x17cm) lined with parchment paper.
- Top with more blanched, roasted hazelnuts.
- Bake for 25 min.
- Turn off the heat and leave brownies in the oven for another 10 minutes before removing them.
- Let cool completely.