Welcoming spring with this first spring-worthy salad bowl! This vegan Roasted Asparagus Green Salad combines a mix of leafy greens and warm roasted asparagus with a lemon olive oil dressing.
This asparagus spring salad is super quick and easy to make. Besides leafy greens, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds as well as fresh cucumber and radishes add some additional flavors! The dressing is also naturally dairy-free and gluten-free!
How to Make This Roasted Asparagus Green Salad
Start by preparing your asparagus. In this recipe. the asparagus will be roasted- which brings out its fantastic flavors even more.
We use the tender parts only, by cutting off about a third of the stalk. This will remove the woody part, which could be used otherwise (e.g. soups).
Place the remaining parts on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and roast for about 20 minutes at 180°C (250°F).
In the meantime, combine all the remaining salad ingredients (mixed leafy greens, spring onion, cucumber, avocado, radishes, mixed seeds) in a big bowl.
Also prepare the dressing by whisking together olive oil, lemon juice, dijon mustard, maple syrup and salt. Taste and adjust salt.
Once the asparagus is ready, add it to the salad. Pour the desired amount of dressing over the salad and toss.
About The Ingredients
- Asparagus: This spring salad calls for asparagus as one of the main ingredients. I prefer using green asparagus but you could also use white asparagus if you wish. We only use the tender parts of the asparagus by cutting off the ends when preparing it.
- Mixed Leafy Greens: I used a leafy green mix consisting of arugula, butterhead lettuce and baby spinach. However, you can pick and choose any leafy greens mix you
- Mixed Seeds: I used a mixed of pumpkin and sunflower seeds. You could also add some walnuts.
- Micro Greens: Similar to the other greens, feel free to use any micro greens you like. I wouldn't omit them though since they add some additional spring flavors to this recipe.
Other Light Lunch Recipes
Asparagus Green Salad
- 1 bunch green asparagus
- 3 handfuls of mixed leafy greens of choice
- ½ cucumber cubed
- 2 spring onions chopped
- 1 avocado cubed
- 3-4 radishes chopped
- 2 tablespoon mixed seeds (sunflower, pumpkin...)
- 5 tbsp (30ml) olive oil
- juice of ½ a lemon (20ml)
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Cut asparagus into thirds, removing the last third (ends).
- Place them onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper, drizzle over 1 teaspoon of olive oil & some salt and bake in the oven for about 20 min.
- In the meantime combine all the other salad ingredients in a big bowl.
- Once the asparagus is soft, add it to the salad bowl.
- In a small glass jar, whisk together olive oil, lemon, maple syrup, dijon mustard and salt.
- Taste and adjust salt.
- Pour the desired amount of dressing over the salad and mix together.