This Homemade Vegan Ranch Sauce is dairy-free and oil-free. It's ready in 15 minutes and only requires 6 simple ingredients. It's perfect as a topping sauce for burgers and tacos or also as a salad dressing.
How To Make This Vegan Ranch Sauce
Preparing your own healthy ranch sauce only requires 2 steps.
You will need to start by soaking your cashews. You could either soak them in water overnight or quick soak them for 10 minutes only. If you decide to only soak them for about 10 minutes however, the water they are soaked in has to be very hot.
Drain and rinse the cashews and put it, together with all the other ingredients into a high speed blender or small food processor and blend until smooth.
You'll find 2 versions of this sauce below:
- A thicker sauce (perfect as a topping sauce on burgers, tacos or burritos)
- A runnier sauce (for salads)
Ingredients & Substitution Notes
- Cashews: The main ingredient for this sauce are cashews. You will need to be soaked in very hot water first, before blending them up in a blender.
- Plant milk: You can use any plant milk you like, I'd opt for one that is not very sweet like almond for instance.
- Nutritional yeast: Even though it might be a bit harder to find nutritional yeast (mostly in health food stores), it's a crucial ingredient for this recipe. It gives the sauce it's cheese-like flavour and can not be replaced by any other ingredient.
Recipes that pair well with this Ranch Sauce
Homemade Vegan Ranch Sauce
- ½ cup (75g) cashews
- juice of ½ a lemon
- 2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- (fresh) herbs of choice optional
For a thicker sauce add
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoon (70)ml plant milk
For a runnier sauce add
- ⅓ cup + 3 tablespoon (100ml) plant milk
- Soak cashews either overnight or in hot water for 10 minutes.
- Then drain and rinse the cashews.
- Add them to a high speed blender or small food processor (see photo above) and blend until creamy.