This 3-Ingredient Vegan "Parmesan" consists of 3 ingredients only and is ready in 5 minutes. Even though it does not exactly taste like parmesan, it can be enjoyed on pasta, risotto and other Italian inspired dishes instead of cheese. It's great for everyone who's looking for a dairy-free, gluten-free and healthier alternative to parmesan.
How to Make This 3-Ingredient Vegan "Parmesan"
This Vegan "Parmesan" is ready in 5 minutes, however it does require a food processor.
Simply put macadamias, cashews and nutritional yeast into a food processor and pulse until crumbly.
Make sure not to blend too long, otherwise the nuts start releasing their natural oils and the mass might get sticky.
Macadamia Nuts (Roasted & Salted): This recipe calls for roasted and salted macadamia nuts. You can usually find them in most grocery stores. Both the salt as well as the roasted flavour are important for this recipe's end result.
Nutritional Yeast: An absolute crucial ingredient when making this recipe. It has got a cheese-like flavour and can’t be replaced by any other ingredient. You can usually get it in health food stores or bigger supermarkets.
- Cashews: I used raw, unroasted, unsalted cashews for this recipe.
Pasta Recipes You Might Like
3-Ingredient Vegan "Parmesan"
- 1 ½ cups (230g) Macadamia nuts (roasted & salted)
- ½ cup (80g) Cashews
- 5 tablespoon Nutritional yeast
- Put all of the ingredients into a food processor and pulse until a crumble like texture forms.
- Make sure not to blend too long, otherwise the mass gets sticky since the nuts start releasing their natural oils.